If you are looking for the best dive watches under $200 that define a class, then you are in the right place. Besides its water friendly features, dive watches are appreciated for its remarkable fit, finish and design.
Dive watches are designed to withstand immersion up to a depth of at least 200 meters. In order to be categorized as a dive watch, it has to be certified by the ISO 6425. Let’s take a peek at our list first:
The ISO standards have many guideline, including the user having the ability to pre-select a period of time up to 60 minutes with a bezel that is rotating. Also, a dive watch must be protected from inadvertent manipulation with the bezel scale showing 60 minutes including five minute increments.
Other common features that good dive watches should include are durability and reliability, both in underwater and in the land. We have concluded the following 5 to be the best dive watches under $200. These magnificent timepieces have proven its toughness even in acidic or salt water. Now let’s go through our list:
1. Best automatic dive watch under 200 “Seiko SKX007K diver’s “
The Seiko SKX007K diver’s automatic watch was first made available in 1996 and comes in a professional and amateur line. It is a certified ISO diver’s watch with a 44 hour power reserve with a water resistance up to 220 meters.
There are many variants to the watch with differences that include in the bezels, dials, and handset. The water resistant screw down crown is protected by large crown guards. The crystal is hardlex that is a proprietary mineral crystal used by Seiko that aids in resisting scratches.
The bezel rotates counter-clockwise and is constructed from stainless steel with a black aluminum insert. Every minute is marked with a longer bar signifying five minutes and numerals for ten minutes.
The second hand is long and narrow and is counterbalanced by a laminated lollipop so the wearer can determine if the watch is working in the dark.
- 42 mm stainless steel case protected by hardlex window
- 660 feet water resistant
- Powered by Japanese 7S26 automatic movement
- 21 Jewels movement with 21,600 BPH
- Unidirectional Bezel (120 clicks)
- Luminous lumibrite markers for low light condition
2. Citizen Eco-Drive BN0085-01E: best quartz dive watch under $200
The Citizen Eco-Drive diver’s watch is used throughout the world. It is equipped with a solar battery and is boxed in a stainless steel case. The watch has dark blue-navy colors on the dial and is equipped with a polyurethane strap.
The Eco-Drive has evenly spaced indentations around the rotating bezel while the crown is placed at 4 o’clock for ease of access. The hands of the watch are thick, and all markings are clear for readability.
The laminated light is on par with more expensive diving watches. The display is a mineral crystal that is designed to take on potential scratches.
The Eco-Drive is water resistant and works under water up to 200 meters, and features Japanese quartz movement, making it a best dive watches under 200 dollars.
- Powered by Eco-drive Japanese quartz movement
- 300m water resistant and scratch resistant
- ISO 6425 certified
- 47 mm case diameter
- Unidirectional bezel
- Black dial face with luminous hands and index hour markers
- Suitable for professional scuba diving
3. Orient Men’s FAA02005D9 Ray 2 divers watch review
The Orient Ray is designed in Japan and is the predecessor of the Mako line of watches. The crystal is made out of mineral hardened glass with a counter-clockwise bezel. The bezel markings are standard with a single mark per minute up to the 15 minute mark.
The dial is matte which looks good with the oversized diver indices. The lume on the Ray is bright and stays that way for quite some time. The silver border on the hands and indices create a sharp looking edge.
The crown is screwed down as is the down day quickset. The bracelet links are solid with a good feel. The bracelet has a fold over clasp with a double push button safety. The rotor on the Orient Ray is smooth and very quiet and is a best dive watches under 200 dollars.
- 200m water resistant
- Blue dial face with a window for date and day @ 3 o’clock fortified by the mineral crystal window
- Powered by a 22 –jewel F69 caliber Japanese movement
- 41.5mm case diameter
- Unidirectional bezel with 120 clicks
4. Luminox Men’s 3001 Quartz Navy Seal Dive Watch Review
The Luminox Navy Seal Dive watch was redesigned in 1994 and became standard issue for the SEAL Team Five. In addition to the SEALS, the military and security services use the Luminox Dive watch as well, including the FBI, CIA, SWAT, Secret Service, DEA, and Canadian Special Forces.
The Luminox is known for its luminescent technology whereby tritium filled gas tubes on the hands and numbers create a continuous glow for 25 plus years. The face is black with pure white dials with number both 12 and 24 hours.
It is water resistant up to 200 meters and the crown is secured by a double security gasket. The Luminox Dive watch is Swiss made which comes with a rigorous quality control. It is light weight and has a rubber and silicone strap that keeps it secure around the wrist.
- Hands and markers armed with tritium gas tube illumination, which can glow up to 25 years without the need of any ambient light.
- 200m water resistant
- 43 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Rotating bezel with easy to read markers
- Powered by a super accurate Swiss movement
5. Timex Men’s T49799 Expedition Dive Review
The Timex Expedition Dive is made of all stainless steel. The band is strong with solid steel links and comes housed in a thick substantially weighted case. The crystal is constructed from mineral glass that is sufficiently hardened as to avoid scratching.
The illumination is long lasting with the lume naturally bright. The bezel is clear, uni-rotational, and the markers are illuminated.
The Expedition Dive has a functioning military chronograph with a Cyclops over the date window. It has a quiet rotor and the bracelet links are strong which creates a good feel.
- Japanese quartz movement featuring chronograph
- 46 mm case diameter with mineral dial window
- 200 meter water resistant
- Indiglo night light with night mode
- Compliments any attire – formal, casual or sport
The budget of $200 can definitely landed you some of the best bang for the buck. Our selected watches are the best seller. Many watch enthusiasts have commended its fit, finish and more importantly its movement. Its aesthetically pleasing design will complement any wrist size while its various features come handy in any outdoor activities. Good luck with your purchase! Shop Smart!